Signs of the approaching holiday season:
1. Frost on my windshield every morning.
2. Filling a jug full of hot water to defrost my windshield.
3. The trees are officially naked. Not a single leaf remains on its branch.
4. Dad’s making a “practice turkey” one week before Thanksgiving.
5. Leftover mashed potatoes and gravy take up two shelves in the fridge.
6. My favorite commercial ever is seen on TV: red and green Hershey’s kisses are conducted by a single silver kiss, ringing out the melody to “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.”
7. Twinkly lights start appearing around the neighborhood.
8. Twinkly lights appear at my home.
9. The fireplace has a fire.
10. Christmas album sales at Barnes&Noble.