My best friend Stephanie got married last weekend. And during the time leading up to the wedding, I had many flashbacks to 5th grade, 7th grade, 11th & 12th… Particularly elementary school age, when we took adventure walks through the neighborhood with my disposable camera. Those truly were the days.
A few notes from the days leading up to and the day of the wedding:
- I tried tequila for the first time during the bachelorette party. Don’t ask me what it tastes like because I was too busy biting the limes after each swig. Stephanie was proud of me, to say the least!
- My toast at the rehearsal dinner was pretty darn awesome.
- I wore a headband for the wedding and I’m officially in love with hair accessories.
- I met Ben Blood. So humble and gracious.
- Stephanie asked Ben to take a picture of her spinning behind the DJ’s table at the reception—and THAT is why she is my best friend. 😀
During the wedding day, I told myself that I would not take out my camera. I found myself fidgeting a lot with my hands and then I’d try sitting on them for a while but eventually, I’d be fidgeting with them again. I finally caved and took just a handful of pictures about 1.5 minutes before the ceremony began. I thought this one was cute.
What can I say that’s even worthy of you? The fact is, you have always been so graceful and patient, kind and genuine. I always wondered why, out of everyone, you chose to eat lunch with me everyday instead of with every other person who adored you. You always made me feel like I was important and for that, I will always be thankful. Having you as my best friend is truly an experience and I realize how lucky I am to have you there whenever I need you.
I love and adore you. Here’s to a thousand more stories to tell!