First of all, Happy Valentine’s Day to you all! George and I have spent the day relaxing with our niece and nephew, watching movies and eating Pirate’s Booty. Yeah, that’s right… We know how to party.
But as you know, it’s Monday and it’s also time to get my Motivation on. Let’s review:
Turn off my phone everyday after 7PM. (I’m putting it on this week again because while I was able to do it last week, it was really tough. I need this to keep at it.)
- Make one new vegetarian dish to replace a meal this week.
Finish shooting that roll of film (I will, I will, I will…)
That phone thing is tough! More than once, I caught myself absentmindedly fiddling with my phone after 7PM. I mean, I am so used to being glued to it and checking it throughout the day, it almost feels abnormal not to look at it constantly. This is definitely something I want to hold myself accountable to because it is so hard for me. Hopefully, I’m not alone out there in the struggle against my technology addiction. Amazing, considering I didn’t even get my first cell phone until I turned 17 years old. I guess that doesn’t matter.
While I didn’t make a new vegetarian dish, we did partake in one of my favorite vegetarian dishes of all time, which I’m going to tell you about now. It’s a spaghetti squash dish and I am being completely honest with you when I say I love it more than regular spaghetti. You just have to trust me. This thing will rock your vegetarian world.
And yes, I finished that roll of film. And it was great. I am loving the look of film more and more. I love the artistic element it adds to any moment. But before you start checking those out, let me list out this coming week’s goals:
- Run 6 miles this week. (I ended up going on antibiotics last week for the chest cold I came down with… Hopefully, I will be able to manage this smaller distance, but I’m not 100% sure. I’ll let you know how it goes).
- Shoot one full roll of medium format film on my new Holga.
- Shoot one full roll of medium format film on the new Yashica Mat-124 my sister just gave me (see it below. Isn’t it beautiful?!)
- Order some fabulous new standout mounts of some of my favorite photos. (Excited about this one!)
And now, enjoy some gorgeous Fugifilm 400 from the Canon AE-1.
This is “Harry”, the Plott Hound puppy I sent to my Dad from Tennessee back in 2005. He’s five years old now, sweet and beautiful.
This week, I spent quite a bit of time with this guy. Sawyer is almost five months old. Baby’s grow up fast!
Each picture of the Space Needle on this roll is from a different trip I made to Seattle this week. I make the trek to the city quite often. Any Seattlite knows this popular intersection…
A couple of frames from a shoot I did with my sister, Cassie, and her husband, Solomon. Helloooooo, gorgeous…